* College Conservatory of Music (CCM) featured on NPR's Morning Edition.
* UC Indian American Choral Composer in National Spotlight - UC Magazine.
* 'Trans Atlantic Choral Work' - Building a Hindustani choral community in the Netherlands through a musical production 'Sharad - A Celebration of Autumn'.
* Article by Kanniks featured on the Huffington Post.
* Kanniks talks about the connection between Venkatamakhi and Pandit Bhatkhande on Sruti Magazine.
* Kanniks founds first ever 'Hindustani Choir' of the Surinamese Indian diaspora in the Netherlands (The Hague).
* Hindu American Foundation (HAF) presents Kanniks with award for the Advancement of Dharmic Arts and Humanities, at the 10th Annual Reception on Capitol Hill.
* Washington DC Indian choir performs on Capitol Hill under the direction of Kanniks.
* Lecture Demonstration on Colonial Interlude presented at the Bangalore International Center.
* 'American School of Indian Art - Annual Recital 2013' - held at the Atrium Hotel Theater, Cincinnati OH, Oct 12, 2008.
* Colonial Interlude presented in Columbus, Indiana.
* Kanniks featured on Public Television in the magazine program 'Our Ohio' (PBS).
* Kanniks presents 'Colonial Interlude' at Berklee College of Music.
* Kanniks interviewed on 'Diversity in Focus' - in Minneapolis/St. Paul.
* 'Colonial Interlude' - A lecture demonstration on Dikshitar's western music presented at Pangea World Theater, Minneapolis.
* Chitram performed in Toronto, ON.
* Kanniks featured on the Cover Story of 'Our Town' (Cincinnati Enquirer).
* The Greater Cincinnati Indian Community Choir directed by Kanniks Kannikeswaran wins two silver medals in the prestigious Champions Category in the World Choir Games 2012, held in Cincinnati Ohio.
* Kanniks presents 'Tamil Music - A bird's eye view' - at the Annual Convention of the Tamilnadu Foundation, held in Houston, May 2012.
* Collaboration between the renowned dhrupadias - the Gundecha brothers and Kanniks Kannikeswaran - News Reports. (May 2012)
Exploring the Dhrupad Dikshitar Connection (India Post)
Finding a Common Thread - Srividya's Blog
Meditative Moments - A Report (Indo American News)
Shuchita Rao interviews Kanniks and the Gundecha Brothers (Khabar.com)
* Kanniks collaborates the renowned dhrupadiyas - the Gundecha brothers, on guruguha dhruvapada - the first ever rendition of Dikshitar's compositions in a dhrupad framework.
* London Pro Musica (London Ontario) performs Kanniks' choral arrangement under the direction of Andrew Petrasiunas.
* ASIA Children's choir performs to a standing ovation at St. John's Unitarian Church, Cincinnati (April 2012). Video Clip.
* Kanniks presents a multimedia presentation 'The Spiritual Basis of Indian Music' as part of the series 'Search for the Spiritual through the Art' hosted by the Cincinnati Art Museum (March 2012).
* Samskruti choir performs at the Hindu Temple of Florida - Tampa on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri (February 2012).
* The Voices of Western Music - Multimedia talk presented at the Tag Center, Chennai, Dec 2011.
* The Life and Music of Dikshitar - A Lecture/Demonstration presented at Mohana Music - Dubai, December 2011.
* Chitram-A Portrait of India performed to a packed house in Minneapolis/St. Paul in honor of Gandhi Jayanti. This is the eighth venue where Chitram has been performed.
* With the Hon High Commissioner Mr Sanjiv Arora and His Excellency Dr Abdul Kalam at a reception held in honor of the former President in Houston, August 2011.
* Dvadasha chakra - A lecture/demonstration on the kritis of Dikshitar in the 12 chakras expounded in the Venkatamakhi raganga raga sampradaya presented by Kanniks Kannikeswaran under the auspices of the Essae Musical Foundation, Bangalore.
* Kanniks receives the Ohio Heritage Fellowship.
* Workshop on Indian Music - Presented in Fort Lauderdale FL, Jun 2011.
* Kanniks receives the prestigious McKnight Fellowship (Visiting Residency Minnesota)
* The Indian Art of story telling - Presented at OperaRap in conjunction with Cincinnati Opera's performance of John Adams' Flowering Tree.
* 'Dhrupads and Dikshitar - A comparative Study' - Lecture Demonstration presented at The Learnquest Conference, Boston MA, Apr 3, 2011.
* 'Chitram - A Portrait of India' - Performed to a packed house at Fort Lauderdale FL, Apr 2, 2011.
* 'The Silk Road - Asia and the World of Tomorrow' - Kanniks composes and directs this new production performed by the National University of Singapore, Indian Instrumental Ensemble in collaboration with Western and Chinese music ensembles. 'The Silk Road' performed in a packed auditorium at the UCC was a phenomenal success.
* 'The dhrupad compositional form and the kritis of Muthuswami Dikshitar - A comparative Study' - Lecture Demonstration presented at the Annual Conference of The Music Academy, Chennai, India, December 2010 and at the Sruti Lec/Dem Mela.
* 'Demystifying Western Classical Music' - A multimedia presentation on Western Classical Musical History presented at the TAG Center, Chennai, December 2010.
* 'The Kashi based kritis of Dikshitar' - A lecture/demonstration on presented at the Minakshi Temple, Pearland TX, December 2010.
* 'Banaras - Timeless Musical Traditions' performed at the Cincinnati Art Museum, November 2010.
* 'American School of Indian Art - Annual Recital 2010' - held at the Atrium Hotel Theater, Cincinnati OH.
* Chitram - A Portrait of India: Performed at the University of South Florida (September 2010).
* Raag Rang performed in Houston 'Kanniks offers an amazing insight into music', Voice of Asia, regarding this recent performance hosted by the IIT Alumni of Greater Houston (August 2010)
* Vismaya performed in Trinidad: 'Vismaya - Musical Wonderment' performed to a standing ovation at the WAVES conference in Trinidad. (Aug 2010)
* World Choir Games: Vidita and Kanniks Kannikeswaran sing at the Fifth World Choir Games 2010, Shaoxing as part of the award winning Singcinnati choir representing Cincinnati.
* Tirukkural CD released: Kanniks is one of the composers featured in the recently released 'Tirukkural isaittamizh' . This CD is an epic production in conjunction with the recently concluded World Classical Tamil Conference, India.
* Colonial Interlude: Kanniks lectures on the Indo-Colonial music of the 1800s in the context of world music at the National Press Club, Washington DC, April 26, 2010.
* The pancha bhuta linga kritis of Dikshitar: Lecture demonstration by Kanniks at the National University of Singapore, March 21, 2010.
* Colonial Interlude - South India and Colonial Music of the 1800s. World premiere of the first ever musical theater production featuring the life history of Muthuswami Dikshitar, at the Center for Fine Arts, National University of Singapore, performed by NUSIIE. (Watch rehearsal video). See Promo Video. Performance video clips.
* Kanniks interviewed on 'Front Row' - National Public Radio - Houston.
* Media report on Indo American News. Kalyani Giri writes about the recent Shanti performance at Houston.
* Media report on India Herald. Seshadri Kumar writes about the recent Shanti performance at Houston on India Herald.
* Shanti - A Journey of Peace - performed at Cullen Performance Hall, University of Houston, under the auspices of AIM for Seva, March 13, 2010 in collaboration with the United Nations International Choir. Kanniks honored with the title 'Community Builder par excellence'. Watch the Shanti Houston Promo on Youtube.
* The panchabhuta model and music related to the pancha bhuta stalas in South India - Lecture presented by Kanniks at the Minakshi Temple, Pearland TX, February 2010.
* Chitram - A Portrait of India - performed at Wilmington College, Wilmington OH, February 2010.
* The magic and music of Bollywood - Lecture presented by Kanniks at the First International Indian Film Festival - Tampa and at the University of South Florida, January 2010.
* The Vaara Kritis of Dikshitar - A lecture/demonstration presented by Kanniks at Narada Gana Sabha, Chennai on Dec 23, 2009. Click here for report on 'The Hindu'.
* The Music of Dikshitar - Lecture presented by Kanniks at the Department of Music, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
* Around the world in eighty minutes - A multimedia lecture on musical traditions from various parts of the world presented by Kanniks at the TAG Center, Chennai on December 13.
* Chitram performed to a packed house in Tampa Florida on Saturday the 14th of November.
* Kanniks presents lecture on the History of Indian Classical Music, at the University of South Florida, Tampa.
* 'Nottusvara Sahityas of Dikshitar' - Lecture Demonstration presented at the Sri Siva Vishnu Temple, Maryland.
* Guruguhanjali - Private Concert of Dikshitar Compositions - presented in Houston TX.
* 'Colonial Interlude - Nottusvara Sahityas of Dikshitar' - Lecture Demonstration presented at SPIC-MACAY, University of Texas, A&M. (See Reviews)
* 'American School of Indian Art - Annual Recital 2009' - held at the Atrium Hotel Theater, Cincinnati OH, September 27, 2009.
* 'Thirai Isaiyil Marabisai' - a multimedia lecture concert by Kanniks Kannikeswaran and Vidita Kanniks highlighting the influence of classical music on contemporary film music was performed to a standing ovation at the annual convention of The American Tamil Medical Association, Atlanta GA on Sep 6, 2009.
* 'Colonial Interlude - The nottusvara Sahityas of Dikshitar' - a multimedia musical talk presented at The British Council, Chennai, India on Wednesday, July 1, 2009.
"Doh Re Mi to Sa Ri Ga Ma' - See an article by Chennai based historian S. Mutthaiah on this event.
* Kanniks interviewed on Vasantham TV Channel Singapore - An interview with Kanniks by G.T. Mani in 'Arangattil Indru' was broadcast on Wednesday, July 1, 2009.
* The malhaar concerto - for sitar, tabla and orchestra was performed by the NUS Symphony Orchestra, Singapore at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the Water Policy Dialog in conjunction with the International Water Week, Singapore.
* Musical Variety in Dikshitar's Compositions - A lecture demonstration presented by Kanniks Kannikeswaran at the Singapore Indian Fine Arts Society.
* Kolam - A Colorful Sketch of India - a multimedia musical theater production performed in Cincinnati at the Cincinnati Art Museum in conjunction with the Festival of Butterflies, Krohn Conservatory on May 24, 2009.
* The World of Tomorrow - A multimedia production presented by Kanniks in the presence of India's 11th President Dr Abdul Kalam gets a spontaneous standing ovation and a personal congratulation from the President.
* Kanniks to be honored with the Just Community Award - University of Cincinnati, 2009.
* Marabisai Varalaru - ASIA presents a lecture by Dr Premeela Gurumurthy - Head of the Department of Music, University of Madras, in conjunction with the Greater Cincinnati Tamil Sangam.
* Kanniks delivered a presentation at the University of Cincinnati Diversity Conference on the insights gained from choral experiences.
* 'Thirai Isaiyil Marabisai' - a multimedia lecture concert by Kanniks Kannikeswaran highlighting the influence of classical music on contemporary film music was performed to a standing ovation at the annual convention of The Metroplex Tamil Sangam, Dallas TX in January 2009.
* Kanniks' work mentioned in the Keynote Address at the Sadas - Music Academy, Madras, Jan 1, 2009 by TCS Chairman Ramadorai.
Vismaya - Release in Chennai - featuring acclaimed
cinematographer and director Rajiv Menon, US
Consular General (Chennai) Andrew Simkin and acclaimed
film director SB Khanthan.
The Hindu "Dikshitar and the English Connection"
Indian Express "Dikshitar's Western Folk Inspiration"
News Today "NRI Establishes the Celtic Link"
Chennai Online "Vismaya - Sahityas of Dikshitar"
Times of India
* Vismaya - Nottusvara Sahityas of Dikshitar . (First release in India). A CD recording of the nottusvara sahityas of Dikshitar researched and produced by Kanniks Kannikeswaran was pre-released in Chennai by Swami Dayananda Sarasvati at a function honoring veterans of Indian Classical Music.
* Report carried by 'The Hindu' on the CD release event in Chennai.
* Vismaya - A Cultural Wonder - performed in West Chester Pennsylvania on Sunday, Nov 9th as a fund raiser for The Tamilnadu Foundation.
* Nottusvara Sahityas - Musical Variety in Dikshitar's compositions: Lecture Demonstration presented by Kanniks Kannikeswaran at the Meenakshi Temple, Houston TX on Saturday the 1st of November.
* Vismaya II released - The second volume of the collection of the nottusvara sahityas of Dikshitar - produced by Kanniks Kannikeswaran was released by Swami Dayananda Saraswati on Oct 4, 2008 at Lehigh University Bethlehem PA. This marks the first ever compilation of the complete set of 39 nottusvara sahityas of Dikshitar.
* 'American School of Indian Art - Annual Recital 2008' - held at the Lexington Hotel Theater, Cincinnati OH, Oct 12, 2008.
* 'Shanti - A Journey of Peace' - Acclaimed Multimedia Concert featuring singers from the Lehigh Valley area along with a 22 member chamber orchestra, and Indian instrumental ensemble, multi-genre Indian classical dance, visuals and more performed in the presence of Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati at the Zoellner Arts Center, Bethlehem PA. Presented by the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, Oct 4, 2008.
* Vismaya - Review on Chennai Online - Read Dr. PP Narayanaswamy's review of Vismaya I on Chennai Online.
* 'Vismaya - An Indo Celtic Musical Journey' - a lecture concert presented by Kanniks Kannikeswaran at The Hindu Temple, Lexington KY, Aug 22, 2008 following a two week Vismaya workshop for young children.
* 'Thirai Isaiyil Marabisai' - a multimedia lecture concert by Kanniks Kannikeswaran highlighting the influence of classical music on contemporary film music was performed to a standing ovation at the annual convention of The Tamilnadu Foundation at Pittsburgh PA, on July 5.
* Worldspace Radio - Shruti channel broadcasts 'The Nottusvara sahityas of Muthusvami Dikshitar' - a lecture demonstration by Kanniks Kannikeswaran.
* 'Vismaya - An Indo Celtic Musical Journey' - a lecture concert presented by Kanniks Kannikeswaran at the College Conservatory of Music, University of Cincinnati, Apr 19, 2008.
New BLOG on 'Vismaya - An Indo Celtic Musical Journey'
published. Please post your comments on the blog.
* 'Vismaya - A Cultural Wonder' - a short multimedia production directed by Kanniks receives standing ovation at a reception held in honor of the historic visit of the 11th President of India, His Excellency Dr. Abdul Kalam.
* CD Recording titled 'Vismaya - An Indo Celtic Musical Journey' featuring the nottusvara sahityas of Muthusvami Dikshitar released during lecture concert at Lehigh University.
* Kanniks receives Music Academy Endowment award for the Best Paper presented at the Academic Session of the 81st Annual Music Conference & Concerts of the Music Academy, Chennai.
* Kanniks receives the Suryakanthamma Memorial Award for the Best Demonstration at the Academic Session of the 81st Annual Music Conference & Concerts of the Music Academy, Chennai, India.
* The Nottusvara Sahityas of Muthusvami Dikshitar. Featured on Chennai Online.
* The Nottusvara Sahityas of Mutusvami Dikshitar, Lecture Demonstration presented at the Music Academy, Chennai. Dr. Pappu Venugopala Rao writes for The Hindu.
* The Ancient Temple Music Traditions of India and their relevance today, A multimedia musical lecture on the Tevaram hymns associated with the ancient temples of India, presented at the London Sivan Temple, Lewisham, Dec 15, 2007.
* Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner was the Guest of Honor at the 4 PM performance of The Sound of Seasons on Sunday, the 6th of May at Sycamore High School Auditorium.
* Indian Ragas - The Sound of
Janelle Gelfand on the Classical Music Scene
* Around Cincinnati on WVXU (Audio)
Kanniks Kannikeswaran and Ray Wheeler interviewed by Barbara Gray
* Spring rolls in at Concert Halls
Mary Ellyn Hutton - Cincinnati Post music writer